Autor Thema: Empfehlungen für Jakobswege rund um Köln gesucht  (Gelesen 725 mal)

SanchoPansa

Empfehlungen für Jakobswege rund um Köln gesucht
« am: März 07, 2018, 12:29:47 Nachmittag »
Hallo zusammen,

im englischsprachigen Pilgerforum erreichte mich eine PM von Felipe aus Mexiko, der im Juni beruflich in Köln ist und Empfehlungen für landschaftlich schöne Wege im Umland sucht. Auch Hinweise auf Treffen, Vorträge oder Stammtische wären sicher nicht verkehrt. Ich schicke Felipe den Link zur Diskussion hier. Wer mag, kann ja gerne auf englisch antworten:

Zitat von: Felipe - from Mexico
[...]I will probably be in Cologne/Köln for some days, for job reasons, in June, and started immediately to look for "jakobswegs". Did see some info, but the routes did not seem particularly interesting, with lots of suburbs. And I supposed they were just another thematic trail, and could be a bit lonely, But I can (hopefully) be wrong...I'd appreciate some comments or links (I can do some German Google translating...or ask a friend).
I did some years ago part of the Munchner jakobsweg -and it was great!
Best regards
Felipe

Sancho
2011-2017: Ruhrgebiet bis Santiago, über Köln - Trier - Metz - Dijon - Taizé - Le Puy - Navarrenx - Oloron Sainte Marie - Somport-Pass - Camino Aragones - Camino Frances

Uti

Re: Empfehlungen für Jakobswege rund um Köln gesucht
« Antwort #1 am: März 07, 2018, 14:02:48 Nachmittag »
Hey Sancho

Du bist doch selber schon nach Köln rein und wieder raus gelaufen :-). Wenn ich mich richtig erinnere bist du über den bergischen Jakobsweg von Odenthal gekommen und hast die Stadt dann nach Westen Richtung Aachen wieder verlassen. Da konntest du Felipe vielleicht schon den ein oder anderen Tipp geben? Ich selber kenne vom bergischen Weg nur das letzte Stück ab Wermelskirchen nach Odenthal, diese Etappe mag ich sehr gerne und finde sie auch sehr schön. Die Wege durch Köln soweit ich sie kenne, sind, wie es eben bei anderen großen Städen auch ist, alle nicht besonders schön. Highlight ist halt nur der Dom :-). Den Weg über Aachen kenne ich nicht. Richtung Süden wird es landschaftlich auch erst wieder ab der Voreifel schöner.

@Felipe, do you just want to walk for a single day and are you looking for a nice daily stage? Or do you want to walk for several days? I can agree, that all three routes, which lead you through the city are not realy very nice in regard to the landscape. If you look for a nice landscape, you have to leave the city for some kilometres. Me personaly, I like the way through the "bergisches Land" in the norheast of cologne. If you leave Cologne on the Way of St. James in direction to the south, the landscape slowly starts to get more nice, when you reach the first Villages of the region "Eifel".
We have a regular little pilgrims meeting here from this forum (there are others, for example a group of pilgrims which arrange their meetings on facebook). We have no appointment for june yet, but if you are interested, I can communicate the appointment here in time. And of course, if it fits, maybe we can go a stage of St. James way in this area together :-). If you have any more questions, let me know.
Sorry for my english, I did my best :-)
Buen camino
Ute
« Letzte Änderung: März 07, 2018, 14:28:58 Nachmittag von Uti »

beliperegrina

« Antwort #2 am: März 07, 2018, 17:03:59 Nachmittag »
Hallo Ute
Das wäre doch prima, wenn Felipe zum Stammtisch kommen könnte.

Hola Felipe
!Qué buena idea! ?Puedes precisar ya las fechas de tu estancia aquí en Colonia?
Así se podría planificar el encuentro de pelegrinos. Si fuera al principio de tu estancia mejor te podríamos aconsejar una(s) etapa(a)

Liebe Grüße
Beate

Felipe

« Antwort #3 am: März 09, 2018, 16:19:28 Nachmittag »
You are very, very kind, friends.
To me, living in Mexico, going to the Camino is not easy. And my vacations are in July (too hot...I hate sunny days and clear skies:), or late December. So, I intend to profit from a professional travel to save some days, let's say an extended weekend, and have a nice walk, preferably in a jacobean way where I could follow my dear signposts. Everything, even the precise dates, is still tentative, and it is possibly that my Köln guests have some ideas of their own for this weekend.
I am still in the process of weighing options and establish some plans (you know, planning the Camino is fun...). I have taken note of your comments about different routes and starting points, noticed also that there are some printed guides. I will be back  with you when I have a clearer perspective and more precise questions.
beliperegrina, your Spanish is excellent!
Again, thanks for your advices and suggestions.
Un abrazo
Felipe

Uti

« Antwort #4 am: März 09, 2018, 18:34:54 Nachmittag »
Dear Felipe
First of all: Welcome to the German Forum :-).
I had to smile a little when I read your post. That's exactly how I do it: Whenever I travel somewhere, at first I always have a look if there is a Camino in the area :-).
Then just let us know as soon as your plans are more concrete or you have any questions.
Saludos
Ute

vfranzen

« Antwort #5 am: März 11, 2018, 13:34:37 Nachmittag »
Stammtisch? In Köln?? Ich möchte auch!

beliperegrina

« Antwort #6 am: März 11, 2018, 16:15:39 Nachmittag »
Hallo Veronika,

das wäre prima, dich beim nächsten Treffen kennen zu lernen. Schau einfach hier ins Forum; du kannst den Termin - der nächste steht noch nicht fest - nicht verpassen. Bis bald?

Liebe Grüße

Beate

Christoph Kühn

• Bibliotheca Jacobina
« Antwort #7 am: März 11, 2018, 23:33:38 Nachmittag »
Dear Felipe,

be welcome in Cologne.

The homepage http://www.santiagofreunde.de offers a first access to the community of pilgrims in Cologne. There you will find numerous appointments and informations about all what happens concerning the pilgrims in Cologne and in the environs.

Our monthly pilgrim's meeting takes place on Monday, 25th of June at 19 o'clock (7 pm) in the Kolumbasaal in the cloister of the Franciscans very close to the Cologne Cathedral. You are warmly invited, also to our pilgrim's wandering on Saturday, 28th of June, on the Lower Rhine in the north of Cologne.

We look forward to seeing you.

Christoph
« Letzte Änderung: März 11, 2018, 23:39:25 Nachmittag von Christoph Kühn »
Bibliotheca Jacobina:       http://www.pilgerbibliothek.de

Santiago-Freunde Köln:   http://www.santiagofreunde.de

hueppi

« Antwort #8 am: März 15, 2018, 22:25:22 Nachmittag »
Hola Felipe,
¿donde en México estás?
Yo vivo en la CDMX. Si quieres, ponte en contacto.
Ya caminé a traves de Colonia - la media montaña Eiffel - Trier a Francia.
Saludos, Claudia

Felipe

« Antwort #9 am: April 10, 2018, 18:59:03 Nachmittag »
Hallo friends,
Sorry for my delayed answer. I have been in one of my nomadic periods, with only intermitent access to the net.
Christoph, this webpage is a true treasury of information, thanks.
My agenda is still tentative, but anyway I have to be back he 23th, so  sadly I will not be able to attend the pilgrim's meeting.  Hueppi, I still have not decided on the route -but thanks a lot for you offer.
It happens that my wife have decided to accompany me, which is great; but she have mused something about "some very romantic river castles". So, we will see... :)
Cordially
Felipe

Biodiva

« Antwort #10 am: April 11, 2018, 11:10:42 Vormittag »
Hello Felipe,

welcome to the german forum.
There is also a "Stammtisch" on Facebook (called: Jakobsweg Stammtisch Rheinland https://www.facebook.com/groups/JakobswegStammtisch/) an we organise regulary meetings.
In June (Sunday the 3.) we will go on a hike on the camino, the second stage on the way Cologne - Trier. We will walk from Brühl to Euskirchen, a distance of 26 km but you can also take at some villagesa train to shorten it. In the evening we will meet at a restaurant and have a nice pilgrims menu.
Maybe we will see you?

yours Barbara
in Etappen: Köln-Trier-Le Puy-Santiago

wanderer

« Antwort #11 am: April 13, 2018, 16:27:58 Nachmittag »
Hello Filipe ,
 if you want to walk on the camino and your wife prefer some romantic rhine Castles try the camino " linksrheinischer Jakobsweg ". It is the " left rhine St. James way " from Cologne to Bingen . It sticks mostley to the " Rheinburgenweg " Rhinecastlestrail.